Welcome to the 2023 Fiber Flux Fall Crochet Along Week 1…hooray! Today marks week one of the CAL and we’ll be learning about the exciting project we’ll be making…a Crochet Pumpkin Tower! This is a gorgeous fall statement of stacked pumpkins and would make a lovely autumn centerpiece!
We will be going over a few things today to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other CAL makers
The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks, so we’ll tackle each part of the crochet pumpkin tower bit by bit. Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week of the Fiber Flux Fall Crochet Along!
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Here is a quick video for the Fiber Flux Fall Crochet Along Week 1:
First things first…the supplies!
- 6.0 mm “J” crochet hook
- Approximately 251 yards of a #6/super bulky weight yarn in fall colors (I used Baby Snuggle by Hobbii–130 yards of orange, 80 yards of green, 40 yards of gold, and 1 yard of brown)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure
- Fiber Fill/Poly Fill (as an alternative you can also use yarn scraps, fabric scraps, or even cotton balls to stuff your pumpkins too)
Here are some yarns that will work great for this project:
- Baby Snuggle by Hobbii
- Chenille by Paintbox Yarns
- Parfait Chunky by Premier
- Yummy by King Cole
- Bella Chenille by Universal Yarn
- Honey Bunny by Hobbii
- Snow Cone Light Chenille by Premier
- Parfait Tweed by Premier
- Blanket Ombre by Bernat
- Velvet by Bernat
- Blanket by Bernat
Moving onto sizing!
- Total height from stem to bottom of pumpkin is 10.5 inches tall
- Orange Pumpkin is 4 inches tall
- Green Pumpkin Is 3 inches tall
- Gold Pumpkin is 2 inches tall
- Stem and leaves add an additional 1.5 inches
- Orange pumpkin has a 25 inch circumference
- Orange pumpkin has a 20 inch circumference
- Orange pumpkin has a 13 inch circumference
- Wednesday, October 4: Introduction & Supplies
- Wednesday, October 11: The Pumpkins
- Wednesday, October 18: The Stem & Leaves
- Wednesday, October 25: Assembly & Finishing
- Wednesday, November 1: CAL Recap
Also we have two special communities for our CAL makers! Each has a welcome area/thread, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Also, don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag, #fiberfluxcal to share your work on social media!
I can’t wait to see all of your fabulous projects…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next week for part two!!