Welcome to the 2018 Fiber Flux Summer Crochet Along…yippee! Today marks week one of the CAL and we’ll be learning about the beautiful project we’ll be making…the Land & Sea Cardi! This is a fun (and EASY) to stitch up sweater that allows the maker to play around with color. Also wanted to mention a big thanks to those of you who have requested a wearable! And here it is below…so EXCITING!
Also, a very special thanks to Red Heart for sponsoring this CAL and giveaway! Keep reading to learn how you can enter for a chance to win 3 balls of Dreamy by Red Heart!
We will be going over a few things to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Customizing your cardigan
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
For this CAL (crochet along) we’re going to be making a fabulous cardigan sweater! This has been a repeat request in the Fiber Flux community, so I am beyond thrilled to get started on this project! The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks (see schedule below), concluding with a fun showcase of projects in our maker gallery! Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week.
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Here is a quick video introduction to the CAL and more information about supplies too:
Add this project to your Ravelry queue by clicking on the button below:
First things first…the supplies!
- 6.5 mm “K” crochet hook
- Size 4 medium weight yarn of your choice, (I’ll be using 3 balls of Red Heart Dreamy in (1 each in aqua, gray, and celery) *Note: if you need to substitute yarn, just look for a yarn that is a 4/medium on the yarn weight scale and recommends the 6.5 mm K hook.
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure or Ruler
- Tuesday July 24 (that’s today!): Introduction to the CAL, GIVEAWAY, the project, yarn, and supplies needed.
- Wednesday July 25: Color palette inspiration on the blog!
- Tuesday July 31: The Granny Hexagon
- Tuesday August 7: Construction & Seaming
- Tuesday August 14: Adding Length & Finish Work
- Wednesday August 15: The BIG CAL reveal!
- Tuesday September 18: Today is Spring CAL Maker Gallery Day! Check it out to see all of the gorgeous projects from the Fiber Flux community!
Let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media outlets below, be sure to use the tag #fiberfluxcal for your photos.
Also, we have a special group for us on Ravelry, the “Fiber Flux CAL Group” There is a welcome area, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Click HERE to visit and join the group!
Last thing…the YARN GIVEAWAY! Enter for a chance to win 3 balls of Dreamy from Red Heart!
Now is you chance to win some yarn of your own! Enter to win using the Rafflecopter below (sometimes it takes a moment to load). Giveaway ends July 31st and is open worldwide. Now go, go, go, and enter!!!
I can’t wait to see all of your fabulous projects…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next Tuesday for part two!!
© Jennifer Dickerson 2018