Welcome to the 2022 Fiber Flux Fall Crochet Along…yippee! Today marks week one of the CAL and we’ll be learning about the beautiful project we’ll be making…the Warm Vanilla Toffee Cowl! This is a gorgeous, cozy cowl full of fabulous basketweave texture! Easy construction makes this one easy and super fun to make too!
We will be going over a few things today to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks, so we’ll tackle each part bit by bit. Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week.
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Click here to queue up on Ravelry!
Here is a quick video introduction to the CAL and more information about supplies too:
First things first…the supplies!
- 6.0 mm “J” crochet hook
- 600 yards of worsted weight yarn (I used 5 balls of Wander by Furls in “Thatch”)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure
Next up is sizing! Next week we’ll learn about multiples to customize your cowl, but the sizing as pictured is:
- Unseamed rectangle: 14 inches wide and 36 inches long
- Seamed Cowl: 21 inches across the front at its widest points and 14 inches from the bottom front point up the front side
Here’s our CAL schedule below for easy reference:
- Friday, October 7: Introduction & Supplies
- Thursday, October 13: The Basketweave Stitch Pattern
- Thursday, October 20: Seaming & Finishing
- Thursday October 27: CAL Project Recap!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media platforms below, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #fiberfluxcal
Also we have two special communities for our CAL makers! Each has a welcome area/thread, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Also, don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag, #fiberfluxcal to share your work on social media!
I can’t wait to see all of your gorgeous cowls…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next week for part two!!
© Fiber Flux LLC 2022