The Fabulous Fringe Earrings are super fun fringey pair of earrings that only take a few minutes to make. Make them using small amounts of yarn, crochet thread, or embroidery floss like I did. This is also a great project to upcycle a pair of hoops you may already have on hand. Makes a super fast and easy little wearable, so treat yourself or someone special too!
Want a little help? There’s a full video tutorial below too!
Fabulous Fringe Earrings
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make this project:
Love video tutorials? Click here to subscribe to the Fiber Flux YouTube channel for more stitchy fun!
- 1 skein cotton embroidery floss (I used DMC cotton floss in the #351 colorway)
- Jewelry pliers
- 2 Earwires/french hooks, 2 jump rings, 2 earring hoops (as an alternative, you can simply add the fringe to a pair of earrings you already have!)
- Optional: a small amount of clear glue to “set” the knots to keep them from coming apart.
- Earrings as shown are approximately 2 inches tall, size may vary depending on the earrings/hoops you choose.
- Pull a piece of embroidery floss from your skein about 3 inches long long, pull some more and fold in half, then pull some more and fold in half again.
- Fold the bundle around your finger to make a loop, and put the loop into the center of the hoop.
- Put the tails of the bundle into the floss loop and pull snug to tighten up against the hoop.
- Add three more to the hoop for a total of four.
- Trim ends of fringe neatly straight across as shown. You can make the ends longer or shorter for a different look.
- Repeat for the other hoop.
- To assemble your earrings, gently pry open the jump ring with the pliers. Add the hoop ring and french hook/ear wire to the ring. Carefully pry closed.
- As an option, you add a very tiny dab of clear glue to the back f each knot to keep them from coming apart. Let completely dry before wearing.
© Jennifer Dickerson 2020