Let’s learn how to finger crochet! Are you ready to try something new? Perhaps you are looking for a fun activity to do with kids to keep those bored little hands busy? Finger crocheting is a great way to learn basic stitches, an easy activity to teach others, and a creative way to use up some extra yarn too! You can make any beginner project that you would make with a hook with just your fingers–scarves, blankets, shawls and lots more!
Finger crocheting is fun, relaxing and no special tools are needed! This is a fun way to learn about the wonderful world of crochet too without anything fancy. To finger crochet, all you’ll need is:
- Yarn (super bulky works best, because your finger acts like a large hook, look for a #6 weight and above for best results…the thicker the better!)
- Your fingers!
Check out the video tutorial below, you’ll learn the basics of finger crochet:
- Slip knot to begin your project
- How to make an easy basic chain
- How to work the single crochet stitch
- How to work the double crochet stitch
- How to move from row to row
- How to fasten off your project
- How to weave in your yarn tails when you are done crocheting
Go ahead and try it! I promise you it is super easy and a a whole lot of fun too!
Looking to brush up on or learn some new crochet skills? Check out my crochet stitch tutorial library here!