I love easy little gifts that I can make as Valentines. This simple little bookmark is perfect for a book lover you may know and has lots of retro style. I had a vintage button I’ve been saving for something special too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 21 inch long piece of ribbon (I used 1 inch wide grosgrain ribbon because it is nice and sturdy)
- Yarn (Yarn shown for the heart above is Red Heart Sport in “Red”)
- H (5.0 mm) crochet hook
- One button
- Tapestry needle
- Needle and thread or fabric glue/hot glue (your choice)
To make your bookmark:
- Cut a 21 inch long piece of ribbon. I did an angled cut at each end (as shown in the photo above) for a nice finish.
- Fold the ribbon in half, set aside.
- With hook and yarn, crochet a heart using the One Round Heart pattern. It includes a video on how to make the heart stitch by stitch too.
- Attach the button to the heart with matching yarn and a tapestry needle.
- Attach the heart to the ribbon (as shown in the photo below) using either needle and thread or hot glue/fabric glue to hold it all together.
- If using glue, let everything completely dry before using or gifting.