These fuzzy, fun and colorful hair elastics are quick little project that is sure to brighten a special someone’s day! Using simple materials, they are worked up with just a bit novelty yarn and topped off with a fun little charm.
Fuzzy Charm Hair Elastics
By Jennifer Dickerson
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- One or more hair elastics
- Novelty Eyelash Yarn (Any eyelash yarn will do, here are a few suggestions: Lion Brand Fun Fur, Martha Stewart Glitter Eyelash Yarn, Bernat Boa Yarn)
- Any Solid Color Worsted Weight Yarn for the Charm (All charms shown in Red Heart Super Saver)
- J (6.0 mm) Crochet Hook (used for both elastic and charm)
- Tapestry Needle
How to Make a Fuzzy Charm Hair Elastic:
- Make a charm of your choice, and weave in any ends. Here are the links to charm patterns (star, heart, bow, or flower). Each link will take you to the written pattern, and includes an instructional video as well.
- Next, tie a knot onto the hair elastic with the novelty yarn.
- With the hook, chain 1.
- Work single crochet stitches around the perimeter of the elastic, working each stitch into the center of the ring.
- About halfway around, attach the charm. To do this, while keeping the loop of novelty yarn on your hook, also insert the hook into the edge of the charm. Wrap yarn around hook and draw it through all loops on the hook.
- Work the next sc as usual, and continue around the entire elastic until it has been completely covered.
- Join to close with a slip stitch and fasten off.
- With tapestry needle, weave in any ends that remain.
Here’s what it looks like on…we made one for dolly too!
Click below to watch an instructional video (full tutorial):