The Cinnabar Button Scarf is a lace mesh scarf that is worked in an easy two row repeat. Secured with two buttons, the decorative lace doubles up as button holes too!
Cinnabar Button Scarf
By Jennifer Dickerson
- 1.5 skeins Lion Brand Hometown USA (“Tampa Spice” colorway shown)
- US 15 (10 mm) Straight Needles
- 2 Buttons (Be sure to pass buttons through the holes to ensure they are the right size before sewing them on)
- Tapestry Needle
- 6 inches wide
- 42 inches long (if a longer scarf is desired, just work more repeats of stitch sequence)
- CO: Cast on
- BO: Bind Off
- YO: Yarn Over
- K2tog: Knit two stitches together
- P2tog: Purl two stitches together
CO 16 sts
Row 1: k1, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to last st, k1
Row 2: p1, *yo, p2tog; rep from * to last st, p1
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until scarf is desired length.
Break yarn, weave in ends and sew buttons at one end of the scarf as pictured below:
Watch this video to knit the Cinnabar Button Scarf stitch by stitch:
Please note: Patterns are for personal and charity use only. In addition, if you enjoy the pattern, please link to it, but do not copy the pattern to your own website or blog (including other languages). Thank you!