Let’s make a one round crochet flower! With spring making its entrance, suddenly I want to be surrounded by flowers and lots of them! Here is a sweet little flower you can make in just minutes. Crochet a whole beautiful field of them! A great way to use up odds and ends of any weight yarn and makes a cute applique too on bags, headbands, sweaters, and lots more!
- J (6.0 mm) crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn scraps of your choice
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
(Note: I used a J hook and worsted weight, but feel free to experiment with a variety of sizes and yarn weights for all kinds of different flower looks)
Flowers shown are about 1.5 inches wide. However, experimenting with different hooks and yarn will make all kinds of pretty varieties! A great stash buster for all of your yarn scraps! Try bright colors like I did or try something different like a variegated or even a fun sparkly metallic yarn too!
- Foundation: Chain 5 and join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Work (3 double crochet, slip stitch) into the center of the ring five times, then join with a slip stitch to close the flower and fasten off.
- To make a flower with six petals, simply work the (3 dc, sl st) into the center of the ring six times.
- Fasten off the yarn. Weave in the ends and you’re all finished! Shape a bit with your hands if needed. Sew or glue to anything you like!
Watch a video tutorial on how to make a one round crochet flower stitch by stitch: