Welcome to the 2022 Fiber Flux Holiday Crochet Along…hooray! Today marks week one of the CAL and we’ll be learning about the beautiful project we’ll be making…the Merry & Bright Throw Pillows! This pillow pattern comes in two sizes and is festive, luxurious, and a gorgeous addition to your holiday decor! Easy two square construction makes this project easy and super fun to make too!
We will be going over a few things today to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks, so we’ll tackle each part bit by bit. Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week.
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Here is a quick video introduction to the CAL and more information about supplies too:
First things first…the supplies!
- 6.5 mm “K” crochet hook
- Approximately 160 yards of worsted weight yarn per pillow (I used about a half ball per pillow of Bernat Velvet, the larger red pillow in the “Red” colorway and the smaller green pillow in the “Pine” colorway).
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure
- Pillow forms (I used a 12 inch form for the smaller pillow and a 14 inch form for the larger pillow) Alternatively, you could use poly-fill or even yarn scraps to stuff the pillow)
Next up is sizing! Next week we’ll learn about multiples to change the sizing of your pillows, but the sizing as pictured is:
- Red pillow shown: 14 inches wide and 14 inches tall
- Green Pillow Shown: 12 inches wide and 12 inches tall
Here’s our CAL schedule below for easy reference:
- Thursday, December 1: Introduction & Supplies
- Thursday, December 8: The Waffle Stitch Pattern
- Thursday, December 15: Seaming, Assembly, & Finishing
- Thursday December 22: CAL Project Recap!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media platforms below, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #fiberfluxcal
Also we have two special communities for our CAL makers! Each has a welcome area/thread, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Also, don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag, #fiberfluxcal to share your work on social media!
I can’t wait to see all of your fabulous projects…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next week for part two!!
© Fiber Flux LLC 2022