Welcome to the 2021 Fiber Flux Holiday Crochet Along…hooray! Today marks week one of the CAL and we’ll be learning about the fun and fabulous project we’ll be making…the Folk Art Holiday Pillow! This is a quick item you can make for your home, a quick gift, or as accompaniment to a gorgeous matching afghan too!
We will be going over a few things today to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks, so we’ll tackle each part bit by bit. Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week.
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Here is a quick video introduction to the CAL and more information about supplies too:
First things first…the supplies!
- 9.0 mm “N” crochet hook
- 1 Ball Wool Ease Thick & Quick in “Fisherman” (106 yards)
- 1 Ball Wool Ease Thick & Quick in “Cranberry” (106 yards)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure
- Fiberfill to stuff pillow (note: you can also stuff with yarn scraps, fabric scraps, cotton balls, etc. A pillow form can also be used too)
To substitute yarn, look for a 6/Super Bulky yarn on the yarn weight scale.
Here’s our CAL schedule below for easy reference:
- Thursday, November 18: Introduction & Supplies
- Tuesday, November 23: Pillow Panels
- Thursday, December 2: Snowflake Embroidery
- Thursday, December 9: Stuffing, Seaming, Pom Poms
- Thursday December 16: Recap & Reveal!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media platforms below, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #fiberfluxcal
Also we have two special communities for our CAL makers! Each has a welcome area/thread, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Also, don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag, #fiberfluxcal to share your work on social media!
I can’t wait to see all of your gorgeous projects…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next week for part two!!
© Fiber Flux/Jennifer Dickerson 2021
Love PDF patterns? Join our Fiber Flux Gold Pattern Club on Patreon!