Need a quick and cute Valentine accessory? The Tiered Heart Earrings are a quick and fun way to add a little Valentine’s Day cheer! Easy one round crochet hearts cascade down and accented with sparkly little beads. Make a pair for you and one for a friend too!
Want a little help? There’s a full video tutorial below too!
Tiered Heart Earrings
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click the button below to add this to your Ravelry queue:
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make this project:
Love video tutorials? Click here to subscribe to the Fiber Flux YouTube channel for more stitchy fun!
- 4.0 mm G crochet hook
- Whims Merino DK by Furls Crochet in “Red”
- Tapestry needle
- Tape measure
- 2 french wires (sometimes called ear hooks)
- 6 large jump rings + an optional 2 more if your earring is a bit twisted after assembly.
- 6 small glass beads (optional)
- Jewelry pliers
- 3.5 inches long
- 1.5 inches wide
Instructions for one round hearts (make 6):
Chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
Round 1: Into the center of the ring work (dc, tr, dc, sl st, dc, tr, dc, 3 sc, tr, 3 sc) join to close heart with a slip stitch and fasten off.
Assembly and Finishing:
- Weave in all ends.
- Carefully pry each jump ring apart.
- Attach hearts together with jump rings as shown, incorporating a bead in between.
- Add french wire/ear hook to the top of topmost heart.
- Ready to wear!
© Jennifer Dickerson 2021