It’s spa time! Crochet yourself some fun scrubbies…lemon, orange, and apple! Completed in just three rows, these are fast and fun. Perfect for a fun treat to yourself and also are a fabulous addition to a spa basket or gift!
Want a little help? There’s a full video tutorial below too!
Mini Fruity Spa Scrubbies
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make this project:
Love video tutorials? Click here to subscribe to the Fiber Flux YouTube channel for more stitchy fun!
- I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
- Cotton dishcloth yarn of your choice, 1 color for “fruit” in red, orange, or yellow and 1 color for the leaf and “stem” loop in green
- Tapestry needle
- Pouf is 3 inches wide
- Leaf is about 1.5 inches tall
- Hanging loop is 2 inches tall
Part 1: “Fruit” Pouf
- Ch 6, join with a slip in the furthest ch from the hook.
- Round 1: Ch 2, then work 30 hdc into the center of the ring. Join to close round with a slip stitch.
- Round 2: Ch 4, then work 4 hdc in each stitch. Join to close round with a slip stitch.
- Round 3: Ch 4, then work 4 hdc in each stitch. Join to close round with a slip stitch. Fasten off.
Part 2: One Round Leaf
- Ch 4, join with a slip in the furthest ch from the hook.
- In the center of the ring work (6 dc, 4 sc, 1 tr, 4 sc, 6 dc)
- Join to close round with a slip stitch.
Part 3: Stem Loop and Assembly
- To make the hanging loop (with green yarn) ch 4, then incorporate leaf onto chain by working a slip stitch into each of the the bottom two stitches of the leaf in the back loops only of the two stitches, then ch 20. Fasten off leaving a tail that is a couple of inches long.
- Using the tails of the hanging loop and your tapestry needle, pull through the center of the pouf, but not all the way through, just until the chain base gets to the center. Tie securely. Carefully trim tails-no need to weave in these ends, the knots will completely disappear into the center.
- Weave in any tails that remain from the pouf, leaf, etc.
© Jennifer Dickerson 2020