The Valentine Rose Crochet Ball is a simple and lovely little Valentine Decoration. Pretty crochet roses in shades of pinks and red adorn the ball and can be hung in a window, on a door knob or anywhere you want some Valentine’s Day cheer!
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make the Valentine Rose Crochet Ball:
Love video tutorials? Subscribe to the Fiber Flux YouTube channel for more stitchy fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hot glue gun + sticks
- Styrofoam Ball (the one I used is about 3.5 inches wide)
- 2 small sewing pins
- Worsted weight yarn in Valentine’s Day colors (I used Red Heart Super Saver in “Grenadine” “Cherry Red” and “Perfect Pink”)
- K (6.5 mm) crochet hook
Looking for awesome yarn and hooks for this project? Get them all (and lots more) here!
Instructions for Roses:
Row 1: Work a 3 dc in the third ch from the hook. *Work 3 dc in the next ch. Repeat from * across in each ch.
Fasten off and leave the tails for now. Coil the “curlicue” shape into a rose shape. Use the tails to sew the rose together. You can weave them in or leave them out. We will be gluing them onto the ball and you can glue the tails too if you like. Make enough roses to cover the ball with out any white styrofoam showing. Secure with pins temporarily as you glue to keep things in place if needed.
Instructions for Assembly:
- Using the sewing pins, tack down and glue a ribbon loop at the top of the ball for hanging.
- Hot glue roses all over ball, tucking in tails underneath and taking care not to have two of the same colors side by side.
- Let ball cool and dry completely before hanging.