The Valentine Rose Ball is a simple and lovely little Valentine Decoration. Pretty crochet roses in shades of pinks and red adorn the ball and can be hung in a window, on a door knob or anywhere you want some Valentine’s Day cheer!
Need a little help? There’s a full video tutorial below!
Valentine Rose Ball
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make this project:
Love video tutorials? Click here to subscribe to the Fiber Flux YouTube channel for more stitchy fun!
Queue up on Ravelry by clicking the button below:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Hot glue gun + sticks
- Styrofoam Ball (the one I used is about 3.5 inches wide)
- 2 small sewing pins
- Yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver in “Grenadine” “Cherry Red” and “Perfect Pink”
- K (6.5 mm) crochet hook
Instructions for Roses:
Row 1: Work a 3 dc in the third ch from the hook. *Work 3 dc in the next ch. Repeat from * across in each ch.
Fasten off and leave tails for now. Coil your “curlicue” shape into a rose shape. Make enough to cover the ball. Secure with pins temporarily if needed.
Instructions for Assembly:
- Using the sewing pins, tack down and glue a ribbon loop at the top of the ball for hanging.
- Hot glue roses all over ball, tucking in tails underneath and taking care not to have two of the same colors side by side.
- Let ball cool and dry completely before hanging.
© Jennifer Dickerson 2020