Welcome to the 2019 Fiber Flux Fall Crochet Along…hooray! Today is week 3 of the CAL and we’re working hard on the gorgeous Autumn Farmhouse Throw! This project is perfect for the fall and winter seasons, as the chilly weather sets in! Here’s what we’ll be doing today:
- Completing finish work of your blanket
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
The CAL will be divided over the next few weeks, so we’ll tackle each part bit by bit. Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day/week.
Check out this week’s video here:
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Add this project to your Ravelry queue by clicking on the button below:
Today we’ll be focusing on the finish work of the blanket. Last week we learned about the stitch sequence, the sizing, multiples, and changing colors. This week, we’ll be wrapping up our project and adding the finishing touches. Be sure to check out the video and here’s a few tips to get you started:
- Be sure the eye of you needle is large enough to accommodate the yarn you are using.
- When weaving in ends, only weave the color of the tail into the corresponding color section.
- Try to make you finish work as neat as possible to show off your gorgeous crochet work!
Here’s our CAL schedule below for easy reference:
- Wednesday October 16 : Introduction to the CAL, the project, approximate size of finished project, yarn, and supplies needed.
- Tuesday October 22: Stitch pattern + changing colors
- Tuesday October 29 (that’s today!): Finish work
- Tuesday November 5: The big fall CAL reveal!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media platforms below, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #fiberfluxcal
Also we have two special communities for our CAL makers! Each has a welcome area/thread, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
Also, don’t forget to use the hashtag, #fiberfluxcal to share your work on social media!
I can’t wait to see all of your gorgeous blankets…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next week for the big reveal!
© Jennifer Dickerson 2019