Welcome to the 2016 Fiber Flux Holiday Crochet Along…yippee! I have been looking forward to this day for the past couple of weeks…today is the first day and the day we will be preparing. We will be going over a few things to begin:
- Introduction to the project
- Schedule of the CAL
- Where to connect with other makers
For this CAL (crochet along) we are going to be making the “Merry Little Throw” a join as you go (JAYGO) classic granny hexagon blanket. The CAL will be divided over 4 weeks, with an additional week at the end to showcase the makers in our maker gallery! Scroll down for the schedule with actual dates and what we’ll be doing on each day.
*This is a self-paced project, so definitely go at the speed you feel most comfortable. The instructional videos and posts will be up forever and you will always be able to go back and watch again and again!
Here is a quick introduction to the CAL and more information about supplies too:
Add this project to your Ravelry queue by clicking on the button below:
First things first…the supplies!
- 10.0 mm “P” crochet hook
- 9 balls of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick ( 3 balls of “Cranberry” 3 balls of “Grass” and 3 balls of “Fisherman”)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure or Ruler (optional)
*Finished throw is approximately 42 inches wide and 60 inches tall.
Get yarn for this project here!
OK, let’s talk about the schedule…like I mentioned this will be going on for 4 weeks, each week being a different part. However, feel free to go at your own pace too…my intent is for this to be a fun, relaxing, way to unplug during the holidays together as a crochet community!
- Tuesday November 22 (that’s today!): Introduction to the CAL, the project, and supplies needed
- Tuesday November 29: How to make the basic granny hexagon, the chart for motif placement, some helpful tips
- Tuesday December 6: How to join hexagons with the join as you go technique (JAYGO), helpful tips for using the chart to plan your work
- Tuesday December 13: Optional edging, optional tassels, weaving in ends and other finish work, conclusion of CAL!
Tuesday December 20 I will feature our Maker Gallery…so send me your work! This can be single motifs, work in progress, or finished pieces too! We want to see it all!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media outlets below:
Also I have set up a special group for us on Ravelry, the “Fiber Flux CAL Group” There is a welcome area, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
I am so super excited to see all of your beautiful blankets in the next few weeks…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you next Tuesday for part two!!