The Modern Taupe Belt is a pretty accessory that can add a little extra to any outfit. Crocheted in the lovely v-stitch and finished off with some fabulous wooden beads, it works up in no time flat!
The Modern Taupe Belt
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click the button below to add this to your Ravelry queue:
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice (shown in the “Taupe” colorway) or worsted weight yarn of your choice
- I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Wood Buttons
- Tape Measure
Get yarn for this project here:
Row 1: In the 5th ch from the hook, work a dc. *skip two ch then in the next ch (dc, ch 1, dc). Repeat from * across to end of row.
Row 2: Ch 4 and turn. In the first “V” (ch 1 space from previous row), work a dc. Work a (dc, ch 1, dc) in each “V” (ch 1 space from previous row) across.
Repeat row 2 until belt is desired length. Weave in all ends.
Making the Belt Ties:
- Cut 6 pieces of yarn each measuring 90 inches long.
- Fold each one in half, then in half again.
- Each belt end will have 3 strands ties to it.
- Holding one of the strands that you folded, locate the end with the two loops (the other end will have 1 loop and 2 cut ends)
- Insert the end with the two loops into one of the edges and draw the other end through.
- Pull gently to tighten and repeat for other two strands on end of belt.
- Repeat on the other side of belt.
- With a tapestry needle, string wood beads to ends of yarn tie strands. Tie a knot at the ends so beads won’t slip off and you’re finished!
Click below to watch a full project tutorial here:
Happy crocheting lovelies!
(Affiliate links, enjoy these awesome products and thanks as always for your support!)