The Precious Metal Crochet Clutch Bag is an easy and pretty little purse for a fabulous night on the town. Great for the essentials, the clutch is worked up in a simple stitch, and topped off with an elegant silvery lace flap. A gem button closes it beautifully. If you prefer a night in, use the clutch for a lovely hook bag too!
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in “Black”
- 1 Skein Lion Brand Vanna’s Glamour in “Platinum”
- H (5.0 mm) crochet hook
- F ( 3.37 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Clutch body is 7 inches wide
- Lace Flap is 8.5 inches wide
- 4 inches tall
- Using the H hook and black yarn, chain 24.
- Row 1: In the second ch from the hook, work a hdc. Work a hdc in each chain across.
- Row 2: Chain 2 and turn. Work a hdc in first st and in each st across.
- Repeat row 2 until piece measures 9 inches from starting edge.
- Fasten off black yarn.
- Tie on Platnium Yarn onto last st and with the F hook, ch 3, turn.
- Row 1: In the first st, work *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc), skip the next st, then repeat from * to end. At the end of the row, work a dc in the turning chain space from the previous row.
- Row 2: Chain 3 and turn. In the chain 2 spaces from the previous row (center of each “v”), work (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc). At the end of the row, work a dc in the turning chain space.
- Repeat row 2 for a total of 4 platinum rows.
- Fasten off.
Finishing and Assembly:
- With inside facing out (you’ll seam inside out, then turn right side out when done seaming), fold bottom edge (black) up, leaving about an inch of black remaining along top.
- Seam sides with a piece of matching yarn and tapestry needle using the whip stitch.
- Turn right side out and fold flap over.
- Weave in any ends that remain.
- Before sewing button on, be sure it can pass through lacy holes first.
- Determine where you’d like your button to be (lace holes double up as button holes) and sew button underneath of the flap (the black clutch body part) using a matching piece of yarn.
- Button clutch closed and you’re finished!
Watch a video on how to crochet the Precious Metal Crochet Clutch Bag stitch by stitch:
Want more crochet bags? Get more free crochet bag patterns here!