Ok lovelies, so many of you have have been requesting this for years (yes, years!) I finally got around to working it up, and I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out! The Fiona Button Slouch is an easy peasy slouch hat specially designed to match the Fiona Button Scarf (get the free scarf pattern here!)
It even has a decorative button that gives the same style as the scarf. Using just one skein of super bulky yarn, you can make one in no time flat!
Fiona Button Slouch
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click the button below to add this to your Ravelry queue:
- 1 Skien Wool Ease Thick & Quick Solids (Note: yardage varies on this particular yarn based on if it is a solid, print, tweed, etc. Just be sure you have at least 106 yards)
- N (9.0 mm) Crochet Hook
- 1 Button (optional)
- Tapestry Needle
- 10 Inches Tall
- 23 Inch Circumference
Ch 40, join with a sl st.
Round 1: Ch 1 and work a sc in each ch, join with a sl st to close round.
Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1 and work a sc in each stitch, join with a sl st to close round.
Round 4: Ch 3 (counts as a dc) then work a dc, ch 1 in first st. *Skip a stitch, then work 2 dc, ch 1 in the next st) Repeat from * to end of round.
Rounds 5-12: Sl st over to the first space (similar technique as when you work a solid color granny square). Ch 3 and work a dc, ch1 in the same space. In the next space work, *2 dc, ch1. Repeat from * to end of round.
Note: Hat will look like a tube at this point…proceed to “finishing and assembly” section to close up hat.
Finishing & Assembly:
1. Thread tapestry needle with matching yarn.
2. Turn hat inside out and whip stitch hat along top edge (edge where last round was worked).
3. Pull/slide together to close top.
4. Tie in a tight knot.
5. Weave in any ends that remain.
6. Turn hat right side out.
7. Sew button as shown to hat if desired.
Get yarn for this project here!
Retail Price: $9.49
You Save: $1.90
Click below to watch a video on how to crochet the Fiona Button Slouch stitch by stitch:
|Visit the Fiber Flux Yarn Shop!!|