I consider this a ten minute Valentine, but some of you are absolute wizards with yarn and may crochet it even more quickly!
I crocheted a bunch of these last year for easy and quick Valentines for friends and family. Some of you may recognize them…a dear reader asked if I could make an instructional video (below) to make the project step by step…consider it done!
Chunky Heart Pins
By Jennifer Dickerson
- Super Bulky Yarn (Yarn shown here is Wool Ease Thick and Quick in “Blossom” for the lighter pink and Lion Brand Hometown yarn in “Honolulu Pink” for the darker pink)
- Matching thinner yarn scrap to sew on pin back
- N (9.0 mm) hook
- Pin Backing or Safety Pin
- Tapestry Needle
The heart was made from the Tiny One Round Hearts Pattern…
Here is the video showing you how to make a Chunky Heart Pin from start to finish:
- How to crochet the heart stitch by stitch
- Finishing and weaving in ends
- How to attach the pin backing to the heart
Happy Valentine stitching!
© Jennifer Dickerson