Happy July and happy summer lovelies! I am SO excited to announce the summer CAL today! I know lots of you have been eagerly awaiting the summer CAL and today it officially begins! This summer we’re doing a crochet along unlike any we’ve ever done before…it’s the Summer of Dishcloths! Every week in July and August, we’ll have a new and exciting dishcloth pattern, complete with both the written pattern + full video tutorial too…AND our first dishcloth makes it debut TOMORROW!
The supplies are minimal and you can join us for every single one I share, or pick and choose your favorites! Each one will be fun to stitch up with a different look and stitches for each!
Here is the directory of all of the dishcloths in the series. As each one goes live on the blog and channel, I will update this list so you have them all in one handy place!
- Scrubby Edge Dishcloth
- Colorblock C2C Dishcloth
- Playing In The Grass Dishcloth
- Circle of Triangles Dishcloth
- Color Flip Dishcloth
- Connect The Dots Dishcloth
- Maui Blossom Dishcloth
- Strawflower Hexagon Dishcloth
- Super Stitchy Dishcloth
Check out my intro video here for all of the details:
Because lots of you like to know ahead of time about supplies, I figured I would share ahead of time. Each pattern/tutorial will have their own supplies, colors, etc, but this should give you a good overview of what we will be using:
- Cotton dishcloth yarn in your favorite colors (I’m using Scrubby Smoothie from Red Heart)
- I (5.5 mm) crochet hook (same hook size for all 9 patterns in this series)
- Ruler/tape measure
- Tapestry needle
- Optional: One of the dishcloths has a “scrubby” edge using Scrubby Cotton from Red Heart, but you can omit if you like.
- Optional: One dishcloth uses Scrubby Sparkle from Red Heart, but you can omit if you like…I’ll provide both options in the video tutorial.
A popular question I get is “My dishcloth is too pretty to use for cleaning, what else can I use it for?” Here are some ideas for your finished projects:
- Use it for a lovely accent under a vase
- Make a set and use them in the spa or shower
- Gift a set of them to a hostess
- Make a bunch up and put them away for holiday/birthday gift giving…you’ll always have a gift on hand ready to go!
- Place one under a candle
- Use on in the center of a table like a modern doily
- Make a set for a baby shower to use a washcloths
- Seam them all together to make a fun cottony blanket
- Stick on or many in picture frames for unique yarny art
- Gift a few for a housewarming
What would you do with them? Comment below!
Last part…let’s connect! You can connect at any of the social media platforms below and don’t forget to use the #fiberfluxcal hashtag to share your work!
Also we have a special group for us on Ravelry, the “Fiber Flux CAL Group” There is a welcome area, so please hop on and introduce yourself. You can get info, ask questions, help each other, see what everyone is doing, and show off your work too!
I can’t wait to see all of your beautiful and colorful dishcloths…please share those pictures and above enjoy, take some time to relax with your hook, and have fun! That’s all for today lovelies, see you tomorrow for our first dishcloth project!!
© Jennifer Dickerson 2019